Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Pasta à la Vegan à Go-Go


 Today the temperature was 40°C with the humidex. Somehow I wandered down into my un-airconditioned kitchen and decided it was not only a swell idea to use the stove top but also to make a spicy dish. Not to say I regret it, it was well worth all the heat. 

I hadn't made anything new to me in awhile and tonight I only had myself to cook for so I flipped through Vegan  à Go-Go and happened upon this little recipe. I've had peanut butter pasta before and loved it so I hopped to it. Sadly as I pulled out the ingredients I realized that although I had broccoli I didn't florets. For some odd reason, someone in my family must have taken all the florets of off every stalk of broccoli in our fridge...
WHY?
 I ignored this setback and just chopped up some of the broccoli anyway, but much less than the 3 cups the recipe calls for. I also had to substitute the Bragg's for ordinary soy sauce and leave out the Worcestershire sauce entirely.
Peanuts, Pasta and Garlic, who would have known they could make such a tasty little threesome?!
All in all the pasta turned out pretty darn tasty if I may say so myself. It's nutty, sweet, and has an awesome (garlic and cayenne pepper) kick.  I would give it a solid 8.5/10 today. It would probably be a 9 if it were winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment