Hummus is so nice and easy. It is one of the first recipes I could make without a referring to an actual recipe.
Start with one can chickpeas (and the liquid) and then add whatever your heart desires: tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, parsley...I picked all of those today. Some recipes call for oil but I made a lighter version today, using the water in the chickpea can instead.
My Light and Easy Blender Hummus
1 can chickpeas (and the liquid)
2 tsp finely minced/ grounded parsley
2 tbsp tahini
2-3 cloves of garlic
a pinch cumin
a pinch paprika
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Mince garlic and add to blender.
2. Add 1 can chickpeas with all the liquid to the blender.
3. Wash and mince parsley. I also crush it with a mortar and pestle. Add to blender.
4.. Add spices, lemon juice and tahini.
5. Blend until smooth, stir with a spoon occasionally to check that it is thoroughly blended.
6. Chill and serve with vegetables, warm pita bread or whatever you like. It looks nice with a sprinkling of paprika and a few leaves of parsley as garnish.