Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spaghetti Alio e Olio From the Barefoot Contessa (Veganized)

Last night I made "Spaghetti Alio e Olio" From Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa: How Easy is that? Apparently not so easy. Well it was easy, just more time consuming than I expected. In the books she brags about the simplicity of this dish and then she had be boiling and reboiling water and taking the pot off and on the heat when I thought I was just adding some oil and garlic to some spaghetti!

It sure was tasty though, I love garlic. It was easy to veganise, all I had to do was switch the Parmesan cheese to vegan powdered Parmesan.

As a disclaimer, we did eat veggies and I had protein in my lunch and breakfast; I'm no carbotarian, don't you worry.



This "cheese" is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment