This recipe isn't by me, but passed on from a friend. Theses cookies are so easy and so delisciously chewy that I had to share. We made these at a little vegan cooking lesson held through my university "Veggie Club" (which incidentally is awesome). I don't have photos of the cookies, so use your imaginations.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Make flax goo by stirring together 1tbsp ground flax seeds and 3 tbsp water.
- Combine margarine, sugar, molasses and flax mix in a bowl
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Shape into balls
- Top with sugar if desired
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Cook for 8-10 min. Watch carefully because molasses burns easily. Remove while still soft-they will harden a bit outside the oven.