Sunday, March 27, 2011

Grilled Cheese Please!

Topless  Sandwich (pre-grilled)


I bought some new fake cheese recently and wanted to re-try making some grilled cheese, which was totally a staple of my diet before I went vegan. Last two times I bought fake cheese were disappointing. First I tried fake processed cheese. It wasn't too convincing, and I didn't even really like real processed cheese in the first place. The second time it was a fake block of cheddar, and it melted nicely, and tasted decent. Too bad I found out it was made with casein. Anyway, I found my soul mate fake cheese: Earth Island "Vegan Gourmet" Soya Mozzarella Flavor. It has a different texture than real cheese when it's being grated but once it is melted it's wondrous! It actually tastes more like a very light soft cheese than mozzarella, but I'm not complaining.

Grilled Cheese aside Arugla Balsamic Salad

I made these little bread stick gourmet grilled cheesies for dinner last night. It was super quick and delicious. I warmed up my panini maker, sliced the bread, lightly oiled it with olive oil added some finely grated "cheese" and red peppers and threw them on the grill.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment